Electro-pop duo New Look walk the line between past and future, combining a love for analog equipment with a controlled, confident approach to songwriting. Comprised of singer/synth player Sarah Ruba (who also works as a model) and her husband, producer and multi-instrumentalist Adam Pavao, they began collaborating together after meeting in Toronto in 2005. A year later, after recording some demo tracks, the pair relocated to Brooklyn to be closer to the fashion industry, got married, set up a studio, and recorded their debut EP, How’s My Hair? Their minimalist sound, creative synergy, and fashion-forward personal style gained them a growing following over the next two years, when they began working on their first full-length. Recorded over the course of three years in Berlin, Brooklyn, and Hamilton, Ontario — with some time taken time off in 2010 to move to Berlin and finally, Toronto, as well as go on tour with the xx — their self-titled record arrived on !K7 in fall 2011.
Subscribe to the hipsterwave newsletter!
// Recent Comments
- PrincessKristina Roxx on Elizaveta – “Dreamer” [Music Video]
- PrincessKristina Roxx on Nosaj Thing x Chance The Rapper – “Paranoia”
- PrincessKristina Roxx on Song of the Week – 5.5.13 – Steel Train – “You Are Dangerous (RAC Mix)”
- @_Doriana_ on Nosaj Thing – “Eclipse/Blue feat. Kazu Makino”
- Dre Ellis on Michelle’s Song of the Week: 5.5.13 – Robin Thicke – “Blurred Lines ft. T.I., Pharrell” (Unrated Version (EXPLICIT / NSFW)
// Popular Categories80's Abstract Hip-Hop Acoustic Alternative Hip-Hop Ambient Art Bands Celebrities Comedy Daily Cobra DJs Drum and Bass Electrofunk Electronic Music Electropop Emopop Events Experimental Fashion Featured Former Songs of the Week Glitch Hip-Hop Hipster Rap House Indie Indie Jazz Laptop Performance Mash-up Music Music Videos Photography Photos Pop Producers R&B Random Remixes Rock Shows Soul Technology Television Videos
// All the Twitter
- I'm at Mall Of Louisiana - @generalgrowth (Baton Rouge, LA) w/ 2 others http://t.co/zI8pLBsMXQ about 14 hours ago from foursquare
- Well, it's nice to know that it's there even though I won't be going swimming. @ Renaissance Hotel http://t.co/u0N3pbuU9Y 05:59:06 AM May 17, 2013 from Instagram
- Just posted a photo http://t.co/PP4xF7icQx 06:42:20 PM May 13, 2013 from Instagram
- I'm at Renaissance Hotel - @renhotels (Baton Rouge, LA) http://t.co/tj581ZFxCY 02:05:10 PM May 12, 2013 from foursquare
- I'm at Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport (BTR) (Baton Rouge, LA) w/ 2 others http://t.co/8VRuH5nzGW 12:48:27 PM May 12, 2013 from foursquare