Electro-pop duo New Look walk the line between past and future, combining a love for analog equipment with a controlled, confident approach to songwriting. Comprised of singer/synth player Sarah Ruba (who also works as a model) and her husband, producer and multi-instrumentalist Adam Pavao, they began collaborating together after meeting in Toronto in 2005. A year later, after recording some demo tracks, the pair relocated to Brooklyn to be closer to the fashion industry, got married, set up a studio, and recorded their debut EP, How’s My Hair? Their minimalist sound, creative synergy, and fashion-forward personal style gained them a growing following over the next two years, when they began working on their first full-length. Recorded over the course of three years in Berlin, Brooklyn, and Hamilton, Ontario — with some time taken time off in 2010 to move to Berlin and finally, Toronto, as well as go on tour with the xx — their self-titled record arrived on !K7 in fall 2011.
Subscribe to the hipsterwave newsletter!
// Popular Categories80's Abstract Hip-Hop Acoustic Alternative Hip-Hop Ambient Art Bands Celebrities Comedy Daily Cobra DJs Drum and Bass Electrofunk Electronic Music Electropop Emopop Events Experimental Fashion Featured Former Songs of the Week Glitch Hip-Hop Hipster Rap House Indie Indie Jazz Laptop Performance Mash-up Music Music Videos Photography Photos Pop Producers R&B Random Remixes Rock Shows Soul Technology Television Videos
// All the Twitter
- Intense. http://t.co/avo01tBzRI 09:29:24 PM December 11, 2013 from Instagram
- Gold Panda – “The Most Liveable City” http://t.co/ZkXZlQJWoq 04:06:09 PM December 09, 2013 from dlvr.it
- E-TERNITY – “Gamelon” http://t.co/vK2RJxXfpH 03:58:05 PM December 09, 2013 from dlvr.it
- Project Ethos x Toys for Tots – Holiday Toy Drive and Fashion Show at Greystone Manor http://t.co/Sx1GSK2IpV 11:10:27 AM December 09, 2013 from dlvr.it
- Man plays piano to riot police in #Kiev. http://t.co/pUtWkrnpio 06:23:51 PM December 08, 2013 from Instagram