Normally TMZ isn’t something we follow really. Celebrity gossip is fun, but there are usually better entertainment options.
Lil Wayne has filed a lawsuit against Quincy Jones III regarding his 2009 documentary, The Carter (lo-res version embedded below). Weezy is suing Jones for the unlicensed use of the following songs from “Tha Carter 3” in the film: “Lollipop,” “Let the Beat Build,” “A Milli” and “Dontgetit.”
Weezy has moxy for days in his testimony. Maybe you can afford to say whatever you want when you can also afford very expensive legal representation. Wayne’s response 40 seconds in is quite luscious.
Wayne seeks unspecified damages, claims that Jones violated copyright laws and filed an order that would prevent QD3 Entertainment from using his music in future projects. Wayne sued QD3 Ent. previously due to a “scandalous portrayal” of his character in the same film.
Subscribe to the hipsterwave newsletter!
// Popular Categories80's Abstract Hip-Hop Acoustic Alternative Hip-Hop Ambient Art Bands Celebrities Comedy Daily Cobra DJs Drum and Bass Electrofunk Electronic Music Electropop Emopop Events Experimental Fashion Featured Former Songs of the Week Glitch Hip-Hop Hipster Rap House Indie Indie Laptop Performance Mash-up Music Music Videos Photography Photos Pop Producers R&B Random Remixes Rock Shows Soul Technology Television Trap Music Videos
// All the Twitter
- Fuc|< save, it's time to load! http://t.co/2NO2iQczT3 about 11 hours ago from Instagram
- Just posted a photo http://t.co/6x90Dz1RNZ about 11 hours ago from Instagram
- I'm at Pepper Hamilton Law (Philadelphia, PA) http://t.co/L5F0xfm3IP 05:26:58 AM December 18, 2013 from foursquare
- Lucent Dossier Experience – SF & LA THIS Weekend! http://t.co/vbzE6Mhsip 01:12:25 PM December 17, 2013 from dlvr.it
- Big Yoshi’s Mix of the Week – 12.15.13 – The FADER #89 Podcast http://t.co/sXfcJq4G51 04:24:06 PM December 15, 2013 from dlvr.it