This coming Winter Music Conference (WMC), only select DJs will be receiving copies of this drum and bass compilation produced by Dominion and Godfather Sage. With an intro track fit for a professional sound studio and four tracks reminiscent of producers such as Dom & Roland, Ed Rush & Optical, Konflict and Noisia: the trio are onto something with the EP. With a lively variety of samples, including those from the film The Professional and custom samples from private recording sessions of Godfather Sage, the beats and basslines aren’t all that’s rocking in the compilation.
Breaktheory: One member of the Dominion duo is known for writing catchy basslines, as well as sound design, and mixing/mastering capabilities. It was his involvement that made the use of Machine Head Studios in Los Angeles possible for both the early and final stages of the compilation’s production. You’d be hard-pressed to find sound processing and manipulation or samples quite like Breaktheory’s with any other artist. BKY drops it like it’s hot, exploring new, creative areas in sound. Currently, Breaktheory is working on a dark ambient record that’s atonal, esoteric and of course: beatless. Watch for the forthcoming release.
Clay Nyse: The other mind behind Dominion. Recognized for his excellent beat programming in the tracks, Nyse’s beats are water tight and will leave you nodding to the precision. Clay Nyse has good taste in drum and bass–classic and new–which surely affects the flavor of any track or beat pattern he writes. Clay Nyse also happens to be a professional graphic designer, designing the fliers in his spare time for lots of big name shows on the East Coast. If you’re active in the East Coast rave scene, you’ve probably seen Nyse’s artwork.
Godfather Sage: The man himself. If you know GFS’ sound, you’ll hear it in everything he has touched in the compilation. With such an eclectic taste in different styles and genres, and countless hours spent in the studio, Godfather Sage has really nailed a sound that is truly his and his alone. Soulful, jazzy, international vibes: say hello to drum and bass and hip hop. Give him any sound and a studio and Godfather Sage will own it before the day is done.
Subscribe to the hipsterwave newsletter!
// Recent Comments
- PrincessKristina Roxx on Elizaveta – “Dreamer” [Music Video]
- PrincessKristina Roxx on Nosaj Thing x Chance The Rapper – “Paranoia”
- PrincessKristina Roxx on Song of the Week – 5.5.13 – Steel Train – “You Are Dangerous (RAC Mix)”
- _Doriana_ on Nosaj Thing – “Eclipse/Blue feat. Kazu Makino”
- Dre Ellis on Michelle’s Song of the Week: 5.5.13 – Robin Thicke – “Blurred Lines ft. T.I., Pharrell” (Unrated Version (EXPLICIT / NSFW)
// Popular Categories80's Abstract Hip-Hop Acoustic Alternative Hip-Hop Ambient Art Bands Celebrities Comedy Daily Cobra DJs Drum and Bass Electrofunk Electronic Music Electropop Emopop Events Experimental Fashion Featured Former Songs of the Week Glitch Hip-Hop Hipster Rap House Indie Indie Jazz Laptop Performance Mash-up Music Music Videos Photography Photos Pop Producers R&B Random Remixes Rock Shows Soul Technology Television Videos
// All the Twitter
- Just posted a photo @ Renaissance Hotel http://t.co/sVGkk26v7R 05:57:41 AM May 20, 2013 from Instagram
- Just posted a photo http://t.co/aoIoopsGWB 08:13:05 AM May 19, 2013 from Instagram
- I'm at Mall Of Louisiana - @generalgrowth (Baton Rouge, LA) w/ 2 others http://t.co/zI8pLBsMXQ 01:25:23 PM May 18, 2013 from foursquare
- Well, it's nice to know that it's there even though I won't be going swimming. @ Renaissance Hotel http://t.co/u0N3pbuU9Y 05:59:06 AM May 17, 2013 from Instagram
- Just posted a photo http://t.co/PP4xF7icQx 06:42:20 PM May 13, 2013 from Instagram